[RECIPE BELOW] Creamy Mint Brownies.
I don’t really cook sweet food with mint – it’s something I don’t mind but I don’t crave at all.
However… someone in my house (my father) ADORES mint chocolate. So I knew on his birthday, I needed to do something he’d happily munch down on and I wouldn’t feel left out on!
It’s chocolate-y, it’s fudgy, but it’s also creamy and smooth. It’s not too minty but it’s enough to mix well with the very chocolate-y base and top.
Just a heads up, he also adores very sweet food – so this is super sweet. Half the sweetener if you want it not as IN YOUR FACE sweet!
| The Recipe |
– 85g (3oz) Dark Chocolate, 75% or above, cut into large chunks (I used 85% Lindt)
– 86g (6 tbsp) Butter
– 43g (1/3 cup) Coconut Flour
– 3 Large Eggs
– 1 cup Sweetener (I used Erythritol)
– 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
MINT CREAM INGREDIENTS:
– 180g (6.3oz) Cream Cheese
– 4 tbsp Sweetener
– 110g (3.8oz) Ricotta Cheese
– 1 Large Egg
– 1.5 tsp Peppermint Extract (You can also use Mint but DON’T USE Spearmint, it will taste like toothpaste)
– OPTIONAL: Green Food Dye, to your preferred colour – I used a gel but you can use liquid.
GANACHE (TOPPING) INGREDIENTS:
– 3 tbsp Butter
– 2 tbsp Double/Heavy Cream
– 2 tsp Cocoa Powder
– 1.5 tsp Sweetener (I used Powdered Erythritol)
1. Preheat the oven to 180c/350f. Prepare a large cake pan – about 8×8″ – by greasing it with oil or butter if it’s metal. You don’t have to do anything if it’s silicone.
2. Start with the BROWNIE: in a small-medium, microwave safe bowl, add the butter and place in the microwave until melted and hot (about 50 seconds on high). Remove from the microwave and add your chocolate. LEAVE for 5 minutes. After 5 minutes, stir gently until all the chocolate has melted and is well combined. YOU CAN ALSO DO THIS IN A PAN OVER LOW HEAT. Set the mixture aside.
3. In a large bowl, add coconut flour, sweetener, eggs, and vanilla extract. Mix until well combined – it should be quite creamy. Add the melted butter and chocolate mixture to your batter. Mix until well combined.
4. Spread the BROWNIE mixture across the bottom of your prepared pan.
5. Place in the oven for 12 minutes. After 12 minutes, remove from the oven, it will still be uncooked in the middle so be careful bringing it out of the oven as it may break if lifted too fast – I removed mine by sliding it out of the oven straight onto a wooden chopping board.
6. Whilst the brownie is cooling down partially, prepare your MINT CREAM: in another large bowl, add ALL mint cream ingredients. Whisk until everything is well combined – it will be rather runny. Pour this mixture GENTLY over your brownie batter. (Watch the video to see what happens if you pour it too fast, it’s not the end of the world but it may affect aesthetics).
7. Place the pan back in the oven (still at 180c/350f) for 25-30 minutes or until the cream has completely set and looks firm. There may be a few cracks in the cream from rising.
8. REMOVE FROM THE OVEN AND LEAVE TO COOL FOR 1 HOUR.
9. Then, prepare the GANACHE: in a small-medium, microwave safe bowl, add the butter. Place in the microwave until melted and hot. (Again, you can do this in a pan over low heat). Add the double/heavy cream, cocoa powder and sweetener. Keep mixing until it’s well combined.
10. Pour and spread the ganache over your mint cream brownies, making the ganache as evenly spread as possible.
11. Place your brownie in the fridge and cool for AT LEAST 2 hours, or overnight. Once cooled, cut into 12 slices and enjoy!
Please note, all macros are calculated with My Fitness Pal and may vary on ingredients used.
Net Carbs: 3g
| The Keto Kitchen |
Twitter: @KetoKitchen_UK (https://twitter.com/KetoKitchen_UK)
MUSIC BY: LAKEYINSPIRED
#TheKetoKitchenTags: Brownies, Coconut, Creamy, flour, Keto, Kitchen, Mint